The Sassuolo Calcio Mapei Football Center, located in Ca’ Marta di Sassuolo (Modena), has been awarded LEED certification by GBC Italia for its use of cutting-edge technological and sustainable solutions and materials.
The sports centre was designed by Onsitestudio and Milan Ingegneria and its construction, carried out by Colombo Costruzioni, was developed according to the guidelines of the LEED v4 protocol. The solutions chosen for the centre were all characterised by their low emission of volatile organic compounds (VOC) and came with their very own EPD (Environmental Product Declaration), a document that indicates the impact a given product has on the environment throughout its entire life cycle.
Mapei products were employed in numerous different areas of the project. The solutions included:
- Mapesoil System for the drainage system of the pitch in synthetic grass.Adopting this system meant it was possible to avoid having to excavate the ground to move soil, something normally required when installing traditional vertical drainage systems, and having to use new, virgin aggregates and quarry materials.
- Mapeplan T high-reflectance waterproofing membranes by Polyglass were used for the “cool roof”.
- Topcem and Topcem Pronto were used to form the sub-layers.
- Dursilite to finish off the walls.
- Keraflex Maxi S1, Kerapoxy, and Ultracolor Plus to install and grout tiles.
- Mapelastic to waterproof the showers.
- Ultratop to finish off the seamless flooring in the reception hall and for other spaces in the management building.
All the solutions mentioned above played a part in achieving the maximum level of environmental comfort and in the centre being awarded LEED v4 BD+C certification.
For further information: https://www.mapei.com/it/it/realta-mapei/archivio/?q=&year=2019&country=Global&issue=76&contenttype=Documents